All absence from school affects your child’s education. Taking a child on holiday during term time could mean:
- your child is missing out on important school work which will be difficult to catch up
- creating more work for your child and the teachers
- it affecting other pupils’ learning
The Department for Education (DFE) has announced important amendments to legislation surrounding holidays in term time.
Any request for absence during term time must
- be made in writing to the Headteacher
- be an exceptional circumstance
We would ask that all requests are made at least one month in advance.